- Guide Map
- Attraction Seating Photo Gallery
- Basic Services
- Calendar of Events
- Character Meet and Greet FAQ
- Extra Magic Hour
- Operating Hours
- Overlooked Attractions
- Rehabs and Closures
- Ride Restrictions
- Smoking Policy/Locations
- Special Needs Travelers
- Ticket FAQ
- WDW At Large
AT A GLANCE...
- Ariel's Grotto
- Barnstormer with the Great Goofini
- Be Our Guest Restaurant
- Big Top Souvenirs
- Casey Jr. Splash 'N' Soak Station
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- Gaston's Tavern
- Pete's Silly Sideshow
- Princess Fairytale Hall
- Royal Majesty Makers
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Under the Sea - Journey of the Little
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
- Cinderella Castle
- "it's a small world"
- Mad Tea Party
- Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Merida at Fairytale Garden
- Mickey's PhilharMagic
- Peter Pan's Flight
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- Harmony Barber Shop
- Harmony Barber Shop Photo Gallery
- Meet Magician Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater
- Meet Tinker Bell at Town Square Theater
- Walt Disney World Railroad
- Enchanted Tiki Room
- Jungle Cruise
- Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Pirates League
- Swiss Family Treehouse
- Hall of Presidents
- Haunted Mansion
- Liberty Square Riverboat
- Muppets Present... Great
Moments in American History
- Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
- Carousel of Progress
- Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
- Space Mountain
- Stitch's Great Escape
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Tomorrowland Transit
- A Pirate's Adventure: Treasure of the Seven Seas
- Captain Jack's Pirate Tutorial
- Celebrate the Magic
- Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade
- Electrical Water Pageant
- Frontierland Hoedown
- Main Street Trolley Show
- Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire
- Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It!
- Opening Show
- Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom
- Favorite Viewing Locations for the Fireworks
- Carousel of Progress Photo Gallery
- Disneyland vs Magic Kingdom 1
- Disneyland vs Magic Kingdom 2
- Fantasyland Old and New
- Hats of the Magic Kingdom Photo Tour
- Haunted Mansion Attic
- Magic Kingdom vs Disneyland
- Main Street USA: Then and Now
- Parade Grand Marshals
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority
- Where Does the Music Come From
OTHER WALT DISNEY WORLD THEME PARKS
OTHER DISNEY THEME PARKS
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
UPDATE JUNE 22, 2012: Dumbo the Flying Elephant is in the process of being "doubled," that is there will be two carousels featuring the flying pachyderm. It's scheduled to officially reopen in July 2012, but the new indoor play area and queue system for Dumbo is in testing, or soft-opening, phase. For photos of the new features, click HERE.
Enjoy a gentle aerial journey over Fantasyland based on the 1941 Disney animated film, Dumbo!
Timothy Mouse leads the parade from the central hub. Sixteen replicas of Dumbo the Flying Elephant are attached and glide up and down as you twirl around. This is what's known as a "hub and spoke" attraction.
Ride with Dumbo for a minute and a half over Fantasyland. You control the height of your elephant as you circle around.
The attraction is open for Extra Magic Hour, which is the time recommended for riding it! This program allows resort guests entrance to the park one hour earlier than normal operating hours on designated days.
This attraction gets long lines as the day goes on. Best bet is to ride early in the day when the park first opens.
In addition to being very popular with kids, this is a slow loading and unloading ride.
A huge favorite of preschoolers!
Each elephant is just barely big enough for two adults and one small child, but one adult and one child fit more comfortably.
Be sure to keep your eyes on your children in the queue area. There are some interactive features that are just the right eye level for youngsters and they tend to wander.
Guests using an ECV or a wheelchair must transfer out to ride this attraction.
This is one attraction parents of young children will become very familiar with!
Characters are not usually found in this area of the park. Check your
daily Times Guide for times and locations of other Character Meet and
Greet opportunities throughout the Magic Kingdom.
Magic Kingdom Characters At A Glance
Character Meet and Greet FAQ!
is the Pinocchio Village Haus
counter service restaurant.
for Walt Disney World, there is no gift shop adjacent to the attraction.
Dumbo can also be found at Disneyland (opened August 16, 1955), Tokyo Disneyland (opened April 15, 1983) and Disneyland Paris (opened April 12, 1992).
If you have comments or tips to share with others about touring the Magic Kingdom, please email us. Thank you.