- Guide Map
- Attraction Seating Photo Gallery
- Basic Services
- Calendar of Events
- Character Meet and Greet FAQ
- Extra Magic Hour
- Operating Hours
- Overlooked Attractions
- Rehabs and Closures
- Ride Restrictions
- Smoking Policy
- Special Needs Travelers
- Ticket FAQ
- WDW At Large
AT A GLANCE...
- Ariel's Grotto
- Barnstormer with the Great Goofini
- Be Our Guest Restaurant
- Big Top Souvenirs
- Casey Jr. Splash 'N' Soak Station
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- Gaston's Tavern
- Pete's Silly Sideshow
- Princess Fairytale Hall
- Royal Majesty Makers
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Storybook Circus Giggle Gang
- Under the Sea - Journey of the Little
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
- Cinderella Castle
- "it's a small world"
- Mad Tea Party
- Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Merida at Fairytale Garden
- Mickey's PhilharMagic
- Peter Pan's Flight
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- Harmony Barber Shop
- Harmony Barber Shop Photo Gallery
- Town Square Theater
- Walt Disney World Railroad
- Enchanted Tiki Room
- Jungle Cruise
- Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Pirates League
- Swiss Family Treehouse
- Tinker Bell's Magical Nook
- Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
- Carousel of Progress
- Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
- Space Mountain
- Stitch's Great Escape
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Tomorrowland Transit
- A Pirate's Adventure: Treasure of the Seven Seas
- Captain Jack's Pirate Tutorial
- Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade
- Dream along with Mickey
- Electrical Water Pageant
- Main Street Electrical Parade
- Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It!
- Opening Show
- Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom
- Favorite Viewing Locations for the Fireworks!
- Carousel of Progress Photo Gallery
- Disneyland vs Magic Kingdom 1
- Disneyland vs Magic Kingdom 2
- Fantasyland Old and New
- Hats of the Magic Kingdom Photo Tour
- Haunted Mansion Attic
- Magic Kingdom vs Disneyland
- Main Street USA: Then and Now
- Parade Grand Marshals
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority
- Where Does the Music Come From
OTHER WALT DISNEY WORLD THEME PARKS
OTHER DISNEY THEME PARKS
Pilot your own spacecraft on an aerial adventure in Tomorrowland's skies. The centerpiece of Tomorrowland is the tall structure of orbs and planets that Astro Orbiter circles!
Orbiter -- Look up in the sky and watch the silvery rockets
circle around the colorful sculpture of "Tomorrowland."
To reach the ride you must first enter a small elevator that takes you
up to the loading area of the rocket ships. Then, step into the rocket
for a one-and-a-half minute spin way above the sights and sounds of
the Magic Kingdom. Use your joystick to raise and lower your rocket
as it goes round and round. Two people can fit in one ship, one behind
Mini-Review: Astro Orbiter isn't on our list of recommended attractions; it's basically Dumbo with rockets instead of flying elephants. However we must be in the minority because there always seems to be a long line here. Perhaps it's just folks killing time until their Buzz Lightyear or Space Mountain FastPass is ready!
ride is usually open during the Magic Kingdom's
Extra Magic Hour.
There isn't much to this ride except the wonderful view of Tomorrowland once you are in the air. This is an exceptionally breathtaking view at night!
There is a loose safety strap to pull across your waist.
elevator is small and dingy (and some have an aversion to the
odor inside), so if you are at all claustrophic, don't try to board
It's also not appropriate for those with height or motion sickness problems.
Astro Orbiter is wheelchair/ECV accessible, but you must be able to transfer out and get into the ride vehicle.
Disney Characters are typically not found in the immediate area, but across the way at Buzz Lightyear, you will sometimes find Buzz Lightyear signing autographs.
Check your Times Guide for times and locations of other Meet and Greet opportunities.
At the base of Astro Orbiter is the Lunching Pad which serves turkey legs and beverages.
Mickey's Star Traders is the nearest shop to Astro Orbiter.
If you have comments or tips to share with others about touring the Magic Kingdom, please email us. Thank you.