- Guide Map
- Attraction Seating Photo Gallery
- Basic Services
- Calendar of Events
- Character Meet and Greet FAQ
- Extra Magic Hour
- Operating Hours
- Overlooked Attractions
- Rehabs and Closures
- Ride Restrictions
- Smoking Policy
- Special Needs Travelers
- Ticket FAQ
- WDW At Large
AT A GLANCE...
- Ariel's Grotto
- Barnstormer with the Great Goofini
- Be Our Guest Restaurant
- Big Top Souvenirs
- Casey Jr. Splash 'N' Soak Station
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- Gaston's Tavern
- Pete's Silly Sideshow
- Princess Fairytale Hall
- Royal Majesty Makers
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Under the Sea - Journey of the Little
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
- Cinderella Castle
- "it's a small world"
- Mad Tea Party
- Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Merida at Fairytale Garden
- Mickey's PhilharMagic
- Peter Pan's Flight
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- Harmony Barber Shop
- Harmony Barber Shop Photo Gallery
- Meet Magician Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater
- Meet Tinker Bell at Town Square Theater
- Walt Disney World Railroad
- Enchanted Tiki Room
- Jungle Cruise
- Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Pirates League
- Swiss Family Treehouse
- Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
- Carousel of Progress
- Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
- Space Mountain
- Stitch's Great Escape
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Tomorrowland Transit
- A Pirate's Adventure: Treasure of the Seven Seas
- Captain Jack's Pirate Tutorial
- Celebrate the Magic
- Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade
- Electrical Water Pageant
- Frontierland Hoedown
- Main Street Electrical Parade
- Main Street Trolley Show
- Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire
- Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It!
- Opening Show
- Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom
- Favorite Viewing Locations for the Fireworks
- Carousel of Progress Photo Gallery
- Disneyland vs Magic Kingdom 1
- Disneyland vs Magic Kingdom 2
- Fantasyland Old and New
- Hats of the Magic Kingdom Photo Tour
- Haunted Mansion Attic
- Magic Kingdom vs Disneyland
- Main Street USA: Then and Now
- Parade Grand Marshals
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority
- Where Does the Music Come From
OTHER WALT DISNEY WORLD THEME PARKS
OTHER DISNEY THEME PARKS
Magic Kingdom Archives
NOTE: Ariel's Grotto CLOSED April 2010 to make way for the Fantasyland expansion coming in 2011 and beyond. Ariel and other characters from The Little Mermaid can now be found for Meet and Greet Opportunities at the Adventureland Veranda.
away in a colorful grotto near Fantasyland's lagoon is the perfect
spot for little princesses and princes to meet their favorite little
Ariel's Grotto -- This colorful grotto out just beyond Cinderella's Golden Carrousel is decorated with starfish, coral, and waterfalls, and affords the opportunity to meet Ariel, the beautiful mermaid heroine of "The Little Mermaid," throughout the day. There's also a play area with a spongy flooring -- originally there were squirting fountains here, but they haven't operated for some time.
Since mermaids have difficulty walking on land, Ariel will greet you from her chair draped with seaweed -- young mermaid fans can sit right next to her for their photo op!
usually there at her grotto from 10 a.m. until park closing, but check
your daily Times Guide just to be sure.
The lines to meet this popular princess can be VERY long! For the shortest lines, try visiting during parade times, or late in the day.
Remember your autograph books and your cameras!
Grotto is wheelchair/ECV accessible.
Consult our Character Meet and Greet FAQ for more helpful tips.
are restrooms and telephones located to the left of Ariel's Grotto's
If your kids are Little Mermaid fans, they've come to the right place! This location is normally open from 10 a.m. until park closing. Check your daily Times Guide for times and locations of other Meet and Greet opportunities in the Magic Kingdom.
The closest place for a snack is nearby Scuttle's Landing, but the counter service restaurant Pinocchio Village Haus isn't too far away -- it has burgers and other sandwiches.
There are no shops nearby with Little Mermaid merchandise, however it is in abundance at the main Fantasyland shops.
If you have comments or tips to share with others about touring the Magic Kingdom, please email us. Thank you.