General Resort Information
- Accessible Room Photo
- Basic Info
- Bus Stops
- Concierge Service
- Extra Magic Hour
- Faxing Room Preferences
- Internet Access
- Magical Express
- Online Check-in
- On Site vs Off Site
- Orlando Stroller Rentals
- Overlooked Attractions -Deluxe Resorts I
- Overlooked Attractions - Deluxe Resorts II
- Overlooked Attractions -Value/Moderate
(Magic Your Way)
- Rapid Fill Mugs
- Rent Disney Vacation Club Points
- Reservations Policies
- Resort Fact Sheets
- Resort Phone Charges
- Resort Phone/Fax Numbers
- Resort Photo Gallery
- Resort Reader Reviews
- Resort Restaurant
- Resort Videos
- Searchable TIPS database
- Telephone Tips
- Television Channels
- Vacation Homes
- Valet Parking
Value ResortsAll Star Movies
Moderate ResortsCaribbean Beach
Deluxe ResortsAnimal Kingdom Lodge
Disney Vacation Club Resorts
- Disney Vacation Club
- Studio Villa Kitchen List
- 1+2 Bedroom Supply List
- Purchase a DVC Resale
- Rent Disney Vacation Club Points
Polynesian Village DVC
Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Villas at Grand Floridian
Villas at Wilderness Lodge
FEATURED NON-DISNEY ACCOMMODATIONSAll Star Vacation Homes
Downtown Disney Resort Hotel!
OTHER LOCATIONSAulani - Disney's Resort and Spa
w/DVC Villas - Hawaii
Art of Animation Resort
--Little Mermaid Opens Blog with extensive Room and Area photos and videos
The Art of Animation began its phased opening on May 31, 2012 and finisned September 15, 2012. The resort has suites with themed room interiors in the nearly 2,000 new units and 864 themed rooms in The Little Mermaid (non-suite) wings.
The Art of Animation Resort is located in the area that was originally planned to be the Legendary Years section of POP Century. The Little Mermaid section of Art of Animation is located where the first Legendary Years buildings had originally been built.
Animation Hall is the main building with front desk, concierge, the Ink and Paint Shop, the Landscape of Flavors eatery, and arcade.
Spacious family suites are designed to comfortably accommodate up to 6 Guests in the Nemo, Cars and Lion King sections and include:
- 2 separate bathrooms
- A master bedroom
- In the main living space, a pull-out couch converts to a double size sleeper sofe, and the work/dining table includes an Inovabed that can sleep 1 or 2. The Work table is 3'x4' and the Double-size Inova TableBed opens to 4.5' by 6'.
- Queen-size bed
- Additional adult charge of $10 per adult per night for more than 2 adults, except in Suites and rooms with King beds.
- Mini-kitchen with microwave, coffee maker, sink, and small refrigerator
- Flat-panel TV
- In-room wall safe
- Complimentary WiFi
- Iron and ironing board
- Crib is available upon request
- All rooms are non-smoking
- Wheelchair-accessible rooms are available
- Views of the parking lot, courtyard or pool
The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms - Designed to accommodate up to 4 Guests, The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms feature 2 double beds—and a seemingly endless array of imaginative touches inspired by the world of Ariel, Sebastian and Flounder. From the sea-inspired color palate and aquatic motifs to the animated artwork and special surprises, you'll find yourself in a whimsical underwater wonderland.
The Landscape of Flavors offers counter service eating for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It serves an array of delectable dishes—from hearty cuisine to healthier fare—across 5 distinctive food shops at breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. This quick-service venue features:
- A menu of traditional food court favorites like pizza and burgers
- Better-for-you options, including buckwheat pasta, egg-white frittatas and low-fat smoothies
- 4 onstage tandoor ovens, which offer an impressive show for baking delicious naan bread and roasting chicken, shrimp, sausage and acorn squash
One bus stop, located in front of Animation Hall, provides transporation to Disney theme parks, water parks and Downtown Disney.
Pixel Play Arcade is located in Animation Hall across from the Ink and Paint Shop.
Three swimming pools offer fun and refreshment. The largest, The Big Blue Pool, is located in the Finding Nemo courtyard and features a pool bar (The Drop Off Pool Bar). Two smaller pools, located in the Cars (Cozy Cone Pool) and The Little Mermaid (Flippin Fins Pool) courtyards, provide additional relaxation.
The Big Blue Pool has three sections - the actual pool (swim underwater to hear sounds from Finding Nemo), the School Yard wet play area and Squirt's Righteous Reef (play area with no water)
The Lion King area offers a "playground" called the Elephant Graveyard. It offers very little as a playground.
Art of Animation Resort has a 1.38-mile trail for walking or jogging.
The Art of Animation Resort has more sculptures than any other resort which make for great photo ops. In the Nemo section Crush and Mr. Ray watch over the pool area. In the Cars section find your favorite automobile from the movie! At the Lion King, rafiki greets you as you enter the area. In the Little Mermaid section see Ursulla and King Triton along with the Little Mermaid herself!
- The opportunity for guests to help save wildlife and nature by contributing to the Disney Worldwide Conservation Fund.
- Energy-saving LED lighting in the Ink & Paint Shop, the resort’s merchandise shop, and other areas of the resort.
- Reusable plates and utensils in the Landscape of Flavors food court.
- Recycle bins in key locations in the resort’s public areas (the most for any resort on property) and, of course, recycle bins in every guest room.
- Environmental information integrated into cast members’ overall training and guidelines.
- With an area of 11,859 square feet, the feature pool (called the "Big Blue") at the Finding Nemo wing of the resort is currently the largest swimming pool at Walt Disney World Resort outside of the water parks. There is also a dry play area called "Squirt's Righteous Reef".
- When completed, the new resort hotel will feature 9,400 doors, which if stacked flat would be taller than the Empire State Building.
- The 227,000 lineal feet of carpet being used on the project would be enough carpet to stretch from Orlando to the Kennedy Space Center in Titusville.
- Total property size: 87 acres
- If you combined all the swimming pools, you could park 125 cars inside the pools
- The flooring in Landscape of Flavors is made from all recyclable materials. And Guests will dine with real silverware on melamine, reusable dishware instead of paper and plastic
- Guests can enjoy the convenience of a self-service business center, the first one to be offered at a value resort
- The Pixel Play arcade is cashless; but instead uses a swipe card with recharging stations
- There are over 529,000 square feet of ceramic tiles enough to cover a standard two-lane road four miles long
- There’s enough metal railing to wrap around the new Amway Center eight times
- The project used 23,000 gallons of paint, which is enough to fill a typical backyard swimming pool
- There are over 2,300 parking spaces within the project, which is approximately the number of players in the NFL
- More than 800 construction jobs were created, and at full operation it will create 750 resort hotel jobs
- On May 12,
2010, the Art of Animation Resort was formally announce by the Walt Disney
These themes have both compelling storylines and vivid visuals which will come together to create a truly memorable, immersive resort experience, said Eric Jacobson, Senior Vice President of Walt Disney Imagineering. With more multi-generational families vacationing together, guests are looking for places where they can play together and stay together. This resort was designed with the needs of families in mind, as we continue the Disney tradition of providing a great guest experience for every taste and budget.
Added Tom Staggs, Chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts: We are always looking for opportunities to expand and enhance our Walt Disney World offerings, and Disneys Art of Animation Resort is a great example of those efforts. This new resort will feature some of our most beloved characters and stories in a unique and special way that we think our guests will really enjoy. This project also underscores our optimism about the future, as we continue to invest in new experiences for our guests around the globe.
Disneys Art of Animation Resort, the 26th resort at Walt Disney World, will be one-of-a-kind, with themed building exteriors and room interiors, and larger-than-life icons from the animated films in the courtyard areas. To be located next to Disneys Pop Century Resort, all of the themed suites and rooms at Disneys Art of Animation Resort are expected to open in 2012.
The Art of Animation is located at 1850 Century Drive, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830.