New Year's Eve
Disney's Hollywood Studios
- A Frozen Holiday Wish Castle Lighting
- Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
- Once Upon a Christmastime Parade
Guest Holiday Comments
- Candlelight Processional
- Epcot Storytellers
- Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
- Osborne Lights
New Year's Eve 2016 at WDW
New Year's Eve 2017:
"Disney Countdown to Midnight – A New Year's Eve Celebration" at Disney's Contemporary Resort.
This ticketed event will take place Dec. 31, 2016, beginning at 8 p.m. at the hotel's Convention Center in the Fantasia Ballroom. There will be dancing to music spanning from the '60s to today, and "best-of-the-best" bites and wine pairings from California Grill, Flying Fish, Cítricos and Narcoossee's. The group Alter Ego will perform their extravagant music- and dance-filled revue. There will also be a unique musical act playing songs of today with a retro twist outdoors. The event will be highlighted with Magic Kingdom fireworks viewing and a champagne toast. There will also be themed photo backdrops and props to help you capture the memories of the evening and receive a souvenir to commemorate the night. Complimentary transportation will be provided for select Walt Disney World Resort hotels.
Tickets for this all-ages special evening are extremely limited and cost $225.00 per guest (includes tax and gratuities). Reservations will open on July 4. To purchase or for more information, visit DisneyWorld.com or call 407-939-3463.
Walt Disney World New Year's Eve festivities for December 31, 2016 have not yet been announced.
The information below is from last year, just to give you an idea of what sort of entertainment might be offered:
Epcot – Guests can celebrate all night long at Epcot. DJs and live music around World Showcase bring guests to their feet with beats from around the globe. Two showings of "IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth" fireworks spectacular at 6 p.m. and 11:40 p.m., followed by a countdown and pyrotechnic salute to the New Year will top off the celebration.
Magic Kingdom – Guests can get a head start on welcoming 2016 at Magic Kingdom as New Year’s Eve fireworks light up the sky on two nights instead of one. Magic Kingdom will present a jaw-dropping presentation of "Fantasy in the Sky" fireworks on both Wednesday, Dec. 30, and Thursday, Dec. 31 at 11:50 p.m.
You can get a head start on the festivities, with a special New Year’s Eve eve presentation of “Fantasy in the Sky” fireworks at 11:50 p.m. on Wednesday, December 30. The same show will be repeated on December 31. For families looking to wrap things up a little earlier, both nights will also feature the Holiday Wishes New Year’s Celebration at 6:30 p.m., complete with expanded fireworks and a New Year’s Eve countdown.
Disney's Hollywood Studios – A Disney character dance party highlights the festivities leading up to a special Fireworks Show!
New Year's Eve dining details for 2016 have not yet been released.
The information below is from last year, just to give you an idea of what may be offered.
-- At Epcot World Showcase:
- La Hacienda de San Angel: Seating begins at 9:30 p.m. for this five-course, prix-fixe dinner with alcohol pairings. The party includes a welcome margarita for adults, live entertainment from the mariachi band, and a view of the fireworks at Epcot. Cost is $280.13 for adults, and $73.46 for children.
- Le Cellier Steakhouse: Dinner seatings at 4:30 and 6:45 (both seatings $148.04 for adults; $47.93 for children), and 9 p.m. ($211.94/$69.23). Lunch will also be served on New Year's Eve from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Monsieur Paul: A special 3-course prix-fixe menu with lunch seatings at 11:45 a.m., noon, 2:15 p.m., and 2:45 p.m.; dinner at 5:45 and 6:15 p.m. Late-night dinner is four courses with seatings at 8:45 and 9:45 p.m. ($235 without wine, $295 with wine; note that there is no special pricing for children).
- The World ShowPlace pavilion Dinner buffet, photo opportunities and classic Disney tunes make this a great dinner for the whole family. A variety of soups and salads, oven-baked cod, chicken breast, mojo-roasted pork, carved mesquite-spiced deep-fried turkey breast, plenty of sides and a scrumptious dessert station. A kid-friendly station features favorites like mac and cheese, fried chicken fritters, mini corn dogs and more. General admission is $71.84 for adults and $44.37 for kids, per person, plus tax. Please note: Separate theme park admission is required.
-- At California Grill at Disney's Contemporary Resort: This gala features food stations throughout the restaurant, and an unbeatable view of Magic Kingdom Park fireworks. A complimentary bar will be available, in addition to wine poured by the glass until midnight. Dress code: a dinner jacket is required for men (tie optional) and dress or pants ensemble for women. Payment is due in advance; cost is $625/person, including tax and gratuity.
At Disney's Contemporary Resort: For a celebratory New Year’s Day feast, guests can book brunch at Chef Mickey’s. Price is $44.72 for adults and $26.62 for children ages 3-9.
-- At Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian Resort: A four-course prix-fixe meal overlooking the Seven Seas Lagoon. First seating takes place between 5 and 5:55 p.m. ($159.75 for adults; $74.55 for children), second from 8:45 to 9:40 p.m. ($317.48/$118.28).
-- At Victoria & Albert's at the Grand Floridian Resort: There is a 10-course menu including eight savory courses and two dessert courses. Also offered is a nine-course wine pairing with eclectic and low-production wines.
-- At Walt Disney World Swan Hotel: limited-time New Year’s Eve menus in two tasty locations. For a scrumptious buffet accompanied by Disney Character greetings, guests can visit the enchanting Garden Grove. Price is $48.98 for adults and $21.29 for children ages 3-9 (includes tax but not gratuity). To ring in the New Year with Italian fare, guests can enjoy a festive feast at Il Mulino, with reservations available from 7:15-11 p.m. This authentic Italian meal experience costs $105 for adults and $39 for children ages 3-9 (plus tax and gratuity).
Advance reservations are highly recommended and can be made by calling (407) WDW-DINE or (407) WDW-3463. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.
And once dinner comes to a close, be sure to head over to the World ShowPlace promenade where you can welcome the New Year in true Disney style -- with a fireworks spectacular!
Registered guests at select Disney resort hotels will be treated to special holiday music and entertainment.
Be sure to check with your resort for activities.
Specific information for 2016 has not yet been released, but in past years, DisneyQuest, Splitsville, Raglan Road and other Disney Springs locations have offered special New Year's packages. Stay tuned for this year's details!
Visit our New Year's with the Family Reader Comments Page HERE for more ideas on what to do in the World during the holidays.