New Year's Eve
Disney's Hollywood Studios
- A Frozen Holiday Wish Castle Lighting
- Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
- Once Upon a Christmastime Parade
Guest Holiday Comments
- Candlelight Processional
- Epcot Storytellers
- Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
- Osborne Lights
New Year's Eve 2015 at WDW
Walt Disney World New Year's Eve festivities for this December 31:
Epcot – Guests can celebrate all night long at Epcot. DJs and live music around World Showcase bring guests to their feet with beats from around the globe. Two showings of “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” fireworks spectacular at 6 p.m. and 11:40 p.m., followed by a countdown and pyrotechnic salute to the New Year will top off the celebration.
Magic Kingdom – Guests can get a head start on welcoming 2016 at Magic Kingdom as New Year’s Eve fireworks light up the sky on two nights instead of one. Magic Kingdom will present a jaw-dropping presentation of “Fantasy in the Sky” fireworks on both Wednesday, Dec. 30, and Thursday, Dec. 31 at 11:50 p.m.
You can get a head start on the festivities, with a special New Year’s Eve eve presentation of “Fantasy in the Sky” fireworks at 11:50 p.m. on Wednesday, December 30. The same show will be repeated on December 31. For families looking to wrap things up a little earlier, both nights will also feature the Holiday Wishes New Year’s Celebration at 6:30 p.m., complete with expanded fireworks and a New Year’s Eve countdown.
Disney's Hollywood Studios – A Disney character dance party highlights the festivities leading up to a special Fireworks Show!
Countdown to Midnight: NYE 2016 - Disney's Beach and Yacht Club Special Musical Guest Vanessa Williams! $300 per person!
- Ring in 2016 in taste and style at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Convention Center. With an unmissable mix of comedy, cocktails, dancing, live rock and jazz and amazing food—plus megastar headliner Vanessa Williams—there’s magic for every mood at Countdown to Midnight!
- Start with a delicious premium cocktail, beer or wine from an open bar, followed by an interactive comedy reunion at the Adventurer’s Club. Shake well—with laughter—and then roll over to Club Live to rock out with our 9-piece dance band. Next, take a spin or two at Club Vinyl, where our 7-piece band will be swinging today’s hits into some steamy jazz—in an iconic ‘Preservation Hall’ setting.
- Drinks, Dining & Dessert
Indulge your appetite with gourmet bites at our slider bars and action stations—from pan-seared scallops with horseradish cream corn and caviar (and a light coriander crust), to herb-roasted New York Strip steak carvings with bleu cheese and caramelized onions or chilled cured salmon with chive cream cheese and tobiko caviar. And who could say no to mac-n-cheese pasta shells topped with poached lobster or smoked bacon?
- For a sweet farewell to 2015, treat yourself to the panna cotta with raspberry coulis or chocolate and coconut cake with salted caramel ganache—followed French macaroons and miniature cupcakes!
- Stroll along the lake for a club-hopping break—but be sure you’re back in time to don your New Year’s Eve hats and tiaras for the final countdown, balloon drop and confetti finale! When the clock strikes twelve, raise your keepsake champagne glass for a doubly bubbly toast to a grand New Year!
To date, only some New Year's Eve dining details have been released:
-- At Epcot World Showcase:
- --La Hacienda de San Angel: Seating begins at 9:30 p.m. for this five-course, prix-fixe dinner with alcohol pairings. The party includes a welcome margarita for adults, live entertainment from the mariachi band, and a view of the fireworks at Epcot. Cost is $280.13 for adults, and $73.46 for children.
- -- Le Cellier Steakhouse: Dinner seatings at 4:30 and 6:45 (both seatings $148.04 for adults; $47.93 for children), and 9 p.m. ($211.94/$69.23). Lunch will also be served on New Year's Eve from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- -- Monsieur Paul: A special 3-course prix-fixe menu with lunch seatings at 11:45 a.m., noon, 2:15 p.m., and 2:45 p.m.; dinner at 5:45 and 6:15 p.m. Late-night dinner is four courses with seatings at 8:45 and 9:45 p.m. ($235 without wine, $295 with wine; note that there is no special pricing for children).
- -- The World ShowPlace pavilion Dinner buffet, photo opportunities and classic Disney tunes make this a great dinner for the whole family. A variety of soups and salads, oven-baked cod, chicken breast, mojo-roasted pork, carved mesquite-spiced deep-fried turkey breast, plenty of sides and a scrumptious dessert station. A kid-friendly station features favorites like mac and cheese, fried chicken fritters, mini corn dogs and more. General admission is $71.84 for adults and $44.37 for kids, per person, plus tax. Please note: Separate theme park admission is required.
-- At California Grill at Disney's Contemporary Resort: This gala features food stations throughout the restaurant, and an unbeatable view of Magic Kingdom Park fireworks. A complimentary bar will be available, in addition to wine poured by the glass until midnight. Dress code: a dinner jacket is required for men (tie optional) and dress or pants ensemble for women. Payment is due in advance; cost is $625/person, including tax and gratuity.
At Disney's Contemporary Resort: For a celebratory New Year’s Day feast, guests can book brunch at Chef Mickey’s. Price is $44.72 for adults and $26.62 for children ages 3-9.
-- At Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian Resort: A four-course prix-fixe meal overlooking the Seven Seas Lagoon. First seating takes place between 5 and 5:55 p.m. ($159.75 for adults; $74.55 for children), second from 8:45 to 9:40 p.m. ($317.48/$118.28).
-- At Victoria & Albert's at the Grand Floridian Resort: There is a 10-course menu including eight savory courses and two dessert courses. Also offered is a nine-course wine pairing with eclectic and low-production wines.
-- At Walt Disney World Swan Hotel: limited-time New Year’s Eve menus in two tasty locations. For a scrumptious buffet accompanied by Disney Character greetings, guests can visit the enchanting Garden Grove. Price is $48.98 for adults and $21.29 for children ages 3-9 (includes tax but not gratuity). To ring in the New Year with Italian fare, guests can enjoy a festive feast at Il Mulino, with reservations available from 7:15-11 p.m. This authentic Italian meal experience costs $105 for adults and $39 for children ages 3-9 (plus tax and gratuity).
Advance reservations are highly recommended and can be made by calling (407) WDW-DINE or (407) WDW-3463. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.
And once dinner comes to a close, be sure to head over to the World ShowPlace promenade where you can welcome the New Year in true Disney style -- with a fireworks spectacular!
Registered guests at select Disney resort hotels will be treated to special holiday music and entertainment.
Atlantic Dance Hall at Disney's Boardwalk Resort will have a live big band, party hats and horns, a viewing of the Epcot fireworks at midnight, and champagne toast. A VIP experience, which includes access to the exclusive VIP section with bartender, ample seating, and a New Year's Eve dessert bar, is also offered.
Be sure to check with your resort for activities.
Specific information for 2015 has not yet been released, but in past years, DisneyQuest, Splitsville, Raglan Road and other Disney Springs locations have offered special New Year's packages. Stay tuned for this year's details!
Visit our New Year's with the Family Reader Comments Page HERE for more ideas on what to do in the World during the holidays.