- Attraction Seating
- Basic Services
- Calendar of Events
- Character Meet and
- Epcot with Kids I
- Epcot with Kids II
- Extra Magic Hours
- Fast Facts
- Operating Hours
- Rehabs and Closures
- Restaurant Photo Gallery
- Ride Restrictions
- Smoking Policy
- Special Needs Travelers
- Ticket FAQ
AT A GLANCE...
- Character Spot
- Club Cool
- Journey into
- Mission: Space
- Spaceship Earth
- Test Track
- The Seas w/Nemo & Friends
- The Land
- -- Soarin' Around the World Debuts 2016
- Universe of Energy
- Phineas & Ferb:
- Kidcot Fun Spots
- -- Frozen Ever After Opening 2016
- American Adventure
- United Kingdom
- Eat to the Beat Concerts
- Garden Rocks Concerts
Reflections of Earth
- IllumiNations Boat
- Innoventions Fountains
- Live Entertainment
- -- American Music Machine
- -- Ribab Fusion, Morocco
- -- Flag Wavers of Sansepolcro
- -- Quickstep, UK
- -- British Revolution, UK
- -- The JAMMitors
- Sounds Like Summer Concert Series
- Chocolate Around the
- Mission: Space - To Boldly
Go Where I Will Never Go Again
- Re-Discovering Future World
- Shopping Around the World
- Spaceship Earth: Re-Imagineering an Icon
OTHER WALT DISNEY WORLD
OTHER DISNEY THEME
The Disney Imagineers are masters -- taking a few simple elements such as light, water and sound and creating one of the most beautiful "attractions" -- the Innovention Fountains located in Innoventions Plaza in Epcot's Future World.
The elaborate display is based on a 180 x 120 foot oval. "Computer-controlled pumps send 30,000 gallons of water cascading down its tiered walls per minute." Over 108,000 gallons of water swirl throughout the fountain.
The magical fountains have been part of Epcot since opening day. In fact, as a symbolic gesture of international cooperation and understanding, representatives from 22 countries each poured a gallon of water from their homeland into the fountain.
Guests can often be found mesmerized by the dancing fountains and accompanying music, the combination of which can sooth frayed nerves especially after a long day at the park. One of the best places to enjoy the show is outside the Starbucks.
The original fountains were refurbished in 1993 -- with 304 nozzles and "shooter" that can propel water over 150 feet in the air. It took 3 months of computer programing to design the water ballets that run every 15 minutes. At night, the fountains take on another dimension as 1,068 colored lights focus on the streams of water.
During the month of December, when all of the *World* has been transformed by thousands of holiday decorations, the fountain music changes to holiday music.
Innoventions Fountain Facts
- 212 Micro Shooters® located in the upper pool; each propels 2 gallons of water up to 80 feet in the air.
- 40 MiniShooters® located in the lower pool; each propels 5 gallons of water up to 100 feet in the air.
- 12 SuperShooters® located in the upper pool; each propels 50 gallons of water up to 150 feet in the air.
- 60 Spray nozzles
- Air accumulators for the SuperShooters® activates with pressures of 30 PSI to 120 PSI.
- 190,000 feet (35 miles) of electrical wire and 22,000 feet (4 miles) of conduit.
- If all
of the shooters triggered simultaneously, there would be 2,000 gallons
of water in the air.
Note that Shooter®, MicroShooter®, MiniShooter®, SuperShooter® are registered trademarks of WET Design.
Innovention Fountain Musical Selections
The selections played for the water ballets are rotated every quarter hour in no specific order. People always inquire about purchasing the sound track for the regular and holiday shows, but none have been produced. Music List for Innoventions Fountain Regular Season Shows:
- Selection from Disney's animated feature "Rescuers Down Under" (Soundtrack not currently available for retail sale; although you may be able to find the cassette, 2/97; video off the market 4/93)
- Instrumental from the "Air Battle" sequence from Surprise in the Skies, a former daytime lagoon show at Epcot (Soundtrack never produced for retail sale)
- Selection for a proposed Epcot show "Around the World with Mickey Mouse" (Soundtrack never produced for retail sale)
- Selection from the Disney live-action feature film The Rocketeer
- "Day One" by John Tesh (Song is available on the Tour de France and Live at Red Rock Albums)
- "Standing in Motion" by Yanni (Song is available on the Out of Silence, In Celebration and Live at the Acropolis albums)
- Selection from the Disney live-action feature film Iron Will (Soundtrack was never produced for retail sale.)
This information was obtained from the former Discovery Center at Epcot.