- General Info
- After-Hours Experience/
- Culinary Demos &
- Eat to the Beat
- Special Ticketed
- Festival Map Sept 19-21
- Boot Camp (9/21/14)
- Mixology - Gin (9/20/14)
- Parisian Breakfast (9/20/14)
- Eat to the Beat Dinner
Food & Wine Festival
September 29 through November 12, 2006
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Disney's 11th annual Epcot International Food and Wine Festival isn't just for grownups who like to sip wine and nibble international cuisine around World Showcase. Kids can join in the culinary fun with plenty of pint-sized activities Sept. 29-Nov. 12 at Walt Disney World Resort.
* The Buzz
about Honey. From 10 a.m.-5 p.m. on weekends, beekeepers are on hand with
observation hives filled with thousands of honeybees at work. The exhibit
is located on the Rosewalk, just outside the Festival Center.
* Nuts About Peanuts. Meet a peanut farmer, attend "Peanut University" and take a quiz about this nutritious treat. Open daily from 10 a.m.-5 p.m., hosted by the Peanut Advisory board. The exhibit is located on the Rosewalk, just outside the Festival Center.
* Living with the Land - Bountiful Harvest! Pumpkins don't just come from the grocery store -- kids can see how the giants grow in the pumpkin patch at The Land pavilion. Pumpkins up to 200 pounds plus a bounty of melons and tomato "trees" laden with fruit.
* Behind the Seeds Greenhouse Tour. The whole family can take a tour of The Land greenhouses and fish farm where there's gigantic fruit, good bugs, fish, gators and more. Do the herb-and-spice challenge, taste a greenhouse veggie and sprout a seed in your pocket. Call 407/WDW-TOUR for reservations.
* Kidcot. Children are encouraged to tour the promenade and visit all 11 locations where they will find a special chef's mask that they may personalize.
Entrance to the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival, plus select wine and beer seminars and cooking demonstrations, is included with regular Epcot admission. Guests can call 407/WDW-FEST (939-3378) for information or to make reservations for special events and programs. Festival details will be available on the Web site disneyworld.com/food.